Friday, February 26, 2010

Can you just sit down and shut up?

That's what I want to say to you. I am tired of hearing constant shouting and criticism from the sidelines, surprisingly NOT out of my own mouth. I'm pretty sure I say less to your kid than you do last game, but the funny thing is that all the time you spent yelling "Go!" to him did absolutely no good whereas my halftime instruction resulted in several successful passes and a goal for our team.

Look, I'm basically volunteering my time here. Your son is never going to make the world cup team, let alone go on to play college. You're acting like this game is the make it or break it game for your player. What you need to understand is that real development in this game comes from correction, repetition, and dedication NOT mindless screaming.

Furthermore, if you won't take the time to work with your son OUTSIDE of training on his technical abilities then I can assure you I will have no problem finding a new mostly useless forward with slightly better touch for the fall season. I hate to break it to you (but not really), your child is literally the worst player on the team. While you may never read this, I certainly feel better having written it.

No comments: