Friday, February 26, 2010

The rant

I know I'm flattering myself when I write this, but I apologize to the large readership for having to read my previous post. It was hastily written and fueled by fresh frustration and anger, and a small amount of hurt pride that came with a confrontation by phone with a parent that I had last night.

As a coach, my actions are (or should be) considered an example to a group of young individuals, my team. I doubt any of them will ever read this, however, just the same, such an expressive display of my opinions should be kept to myself or at least out of the public eye. I have so much more to learn about the beautiful game, but even more to learn about the political/social aspect that surrounds the youth version in America.

I do not take back what I said, because in part I believe that my words are correct. However, the way I expressed them was irresponsible and immature. I will leave that post up as a serve-serving reminder of my need for improvement in that facet of coaching.

No comments: